Hello from Belgium

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys and girls, I'm Yves, I'm 42 and I live in Belgium, will try to write in english so it's good to see the bikestuff and train my english at the same time. I was in the VW-scene for years untill 7 years ago I met my new girlfriend and got 2 kids in 1 day :) So we bought a house that needed some attention and so the cars had to go... no time ... no money for the VW-stuff...
But the feeling of thinking what changes to make, coming up with some own ideas, working on something standing in the garage and taking it out by good weather for some easy cruising was never far away... with a last major work at the house, changing the roof next year there is still no real budget for an other dream of mine a Harley bobber...
When a copple of months ago I wanted to surprise my stepson and bought him a second hand chopper, a blue one with yellow flames, off course he was happy with it... but I had to look after a few things that needed to be replaced and that way I got that bike-chopper feeling and started to spent some time in my garage again.
After hours of surfing on the net I landed up the RRB-site and liked these bikes and the feeling around it so much that I decided to give myself a low budget to get myself a cheap bike and spent some more hours on thinking and working on it.
Over here it's hard to find some "custom minded bikers" so I was very happy to find RRB!!!
Have seen a lot and learned a lot already on the RRB site and want to greet you all.
Some pics.
Bought it like this...

and at the moment came to this...

Further plans... matching the rear wheel to the front one, 3 speed SA wide rear axle and in winter time strip the bike to a bare frame and paint it mat black and put it together again so I can ride it next summer as almost a new bike.

Greetings from Belgium
Yves

Welcome Yves! Quite a few of us on here came from cars and motorbikes, but needed a hobby that required less money and space invested in it, so you are in good company!

Love the bike, massive improvement from original, great work!

Luke.

Woah! That's looks 100% better, love it, and welcome aboard!

From Tapatalk on this stoopid iPhone...

Thanks all for the welcoming words !!!
Got some parts from classic cycle.de, tried them on the bike.

With the rear tire smaller than the old one (I wanted the stretch look) I wanted the fender a little bit closer to the tire
so I used some small tubes.

I'm trying to find a way to make the rear self made backlight (from a VW Beetle turnlight) work with some leds and a custom switch.
So I cut the front chrome fender that I don't use anymore and put a batteryholder from a normal ledlight under it, so I can wire it under the rear fender up to the backlight. And using a small metal switch to turn it on or out.
Okay it doesn't look factory-made but it's one of a kind and when it works at the end I would be pleased with it.

So... lets think about the next step.

grtz

Back