Hello / Bonjour, from Montreal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heeeeeeey RRB , seems like a good idea to post an intro before starting any other topic! I'm 26 and live in Montreal , Québec, Canada. I've been a reader here for a while but never posted or started a new thread

I'ts just recently that i got interested in older bikes , not necessarily rat bikes, but custom onesin general too. My brother is into it a lot and he kind of pushed me to get interested in older bikes. I've been a mountain biker for all my life , until last year when i crashed HARD , and needed a right elbow surgery...since then , i calmed down a litlle :D . Here's a pic of my brother's latest bike , that he built on a very low budget i have to say, but it still came out very nice.

Now , for me...i got lucky a bit and scored the bike shown in the next pic for free! I helped a friend move into her new appartment , and this bike was lying on the garage floor with about an inch of dust on it , and she doesn't really care about rebuilding a rusty bike...so it's mine now! The thing that really itches me though , is that i have no idea What brand/model/year it is , and i would really like to know it before painting and replacing pieces on it. If anyone has any idea , please do tell!! I've searched quite a bit , i found some pics of bikes that LOOKED the same but a few details away from being the same. All i can say is that it doesn't have any brand/serial on the Hubs , and that it has this serial number stamped on the rear left dropout :R71366685

p4220071bp1xl6.jpg

You can see that rust has invaded...i may have to so something for that before paint...
p4220072mk7.jpg

I caught a good deal at a local company , DIY mediablasting on their machine , for 35$ ...
p4240077uk8.jpg

p4280164ln9.jpg

Thanks for looking , and please tell me if you have any info on this bike

Frank

^^Of course we will have a ride Xddorox!

MagicRat said:
Hey Giant,Welcome In!

Cool Bikes.Im thinking yours may be a Ross.

And...IT IS !!! I found out that my bike is most probably a '62 Ross Super Deluxe :) I'm happy to know this , although it kinda sucks that i don't have the Tank , chainguard and fenders that usually come on it

I found out because of these pictures , thanks to ''no cars on mars'' !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11694&p=116978&hilit=ross+super+deluxe#p116978

Back