Height Adjustable Springer Fork? Anybody Know?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this bike a couple weeks ago and the owner was adjusting the height of the front fork with just a pull of a ring. If you look at the picture, there's sorta what looks like a loop thats attached to the fork, just behind the spring, that you pull down and you can either raise the ride height or lower it. I thought it was kinda cool but I havent been able to find anything like that online. Does anyone know who sells them?
Thanks in advance,

rsz_P1010003.jpg

those are (obviousely) for lowriders. the adjustment let you sit the bike low (as pictured) for show, but this set up is not ride-able, so ya put it back up when your ready to ride it off. some guys say that its not a "bicycle" if ya cant get on it and pedal it away so showbikes are not really "bicycles" this springer fork in the picture takes care of that. i saw it on a lowrider bike parts site, i would google lowrider bicycle forks and see if ya can find em. fast eddie outty

fast eddie said:
those are (obviousely) for lowriders. the adjustment let you sit the bike low (as pictured) for show, but this set up is not ride-able, so ya put it back up when your ready to ride it off. some guys say that its not a "bicycle" if ya cant get on it and pedal it away so showbikes are not really "bicycles" this springer fork in the picture takes care of that. i saw it on a lowrider bike parts site, i would google lowrider bicycle forks and see if ya can find em. fast eddie outty

Yep, thats exactly what it does. I tried different google searches but none them came up with any answers. I also checked the lowrider bicycle.com website and their forum but nothing.. still.

Anybody have any leads?

Without knowing for sure,I'd guess he just drilled 2 holes through the long spring bolt and replaced the cross bolt with a pin.

Im just guessing...

MagicRat said:
Without knowing for sure,I'd guess he just drilled 2 holes through the long spring bolt and replaced the cross bolt with a pin.

Im just guessing...

yea that's what i was thinking. If you want to try and find out for sure you can try http://www.layitlow.com alot of the people in the bicycle section have been into lowriders for many many years pretty smart but i warn you now some of them youngens on there are not as friendly as here...lol

i just don´t get it how it works, october. could you please explain it?
and where can i get some?

it has 2 heights...

up and down...
you pull the pin, and you are able to drop it very low... basically un ridable.
then you can lift the bike up, and it snaps into the higher position, which seems to be fairly normal.

i will try to get some pics, or a video clip, soon...

it is of typical lowrider parts quality, and the way we've been riding the bikes here lately, i am skeptical of how well it will hold up. :| plus they are not cheap... i know someone who deals with parts distributors directly, and was able to get it for me. i may be able to get more... manny, it came just as you see it... remember that pm i sent you?

oct.

Highridah said:
this is the way to go

Does that bike have some sort of air tank mounted on it someplace?

Lightfoot said:
Highridah said:
this is the way to go

Does that bike have some sort of air tank mounted on it someplace?

yes its a CO2 system but can also be operated with compressed air but youll need a bigger tank

you can buy the kit here or do like im doing and build your own with parts sourced of ebay only thing i bought was the switch

http://www.nybonecollectors.com

One of those smaller antique brass fire extiguishers all poished up used as a tank might be cool.

Aaron

Back