heavy set rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got no shame in saying Im fat haha but my problem is here..I want to build a cruiser, stretched frame chopper fork / look etc. will it hold me up cruising around on sunny days? Im 280 those tires look really small rofl. but all seriousness ... any one got an answer for me?

im 250# and ride a 20" bike around :mrgreen:

most 26x2.125 balloon tires recommend 35-40 psi which is not much for a bike tire but i dont think it would be a problem at all, if your worried about it i know some of the smaller tires like 26x1.90 can handle 40-60 and so on and so forth. the more air pressure, the less squat in the tires. but also the more air the bumpier the ride. i think ultimately the heavier you are the longer it takes you to stop and the rear will wear faster is all.

im not an expert, just spit out what ive noticed.

if all else fails you can always get a trike kit :D

sounds good, I really enjoy the quick replies. On some other sites I have to wait a day or so before I get a reply ... now I been looking at bike sites for parts, got any that are really know? And what is a coaster wheel? If I do a bike, or mod the one I might buy I want to do 140spoke 26" wheels ... found a combo .. front and back coaster wheel with white wall tires..what is the coaster wheel?

coaster wheel means it has coaster hub, the traditional style for cruisers, pedal backwards to stop.

the term coaster means when you stop pedaling the wheel keeps rolling.

freewheels or freehubs rely on hand controlled brakes, your frame needs a place to mount the brakes though.

edit - for cruiser parts just google "lowrider bicycle parts"

otherwise Felt bicycles & Electra Bicycles has some pretty cool parts to look through, there are other but they escape me at the moment, just depends on what your lookin for.

thers a difference in the freehub and freewheel hubs.

google "sheldon brown" for tons of tech bicycle info

a freewheel hub is most likely what you need.

I road my friend's stretch alot before he totally customized it.. I'm 326 lbs, no problems..

FaceOFFbikes said:
I road my friend's stretch alot before he totally customized it.. I'm 326 lbs, no problems..

that just made my day knowing I have nothing to worry about weight wise. Im really into the whole chopper idea and big on apes, I wonder how the ride will be on a stretched cruiser with huge apes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny. im around 280, I ride a 1969 Schwinn Panther. :D lol

Dang dude eat a salad.lol Im around 240 i ride 20 inch stingray alot never had any problems. My only problem is I cant figure out how to get the ash tray to work real good thow.

I'm listening to all you guys. I weigh 250, I think we gotta start a "support" group for bikes. It sounds like there are alot of bikes out there SCREAMING "Get off me, I can't breathe". :lol:

Back