Heavy Metal Twins!!!!! Super Hot 80"s Metal action inside!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, maybe not super hot 80's metal, more like Late nineties Huffy cranbrook cruisers. Heres the quick backstory, I have a good buddy named Nick and Nicks dad need some help moving into their new house, Nick called me up and said," Hey if you help out my dad has some old cruisers laying around that need a new home." Why not, some exercise, some free bikes, hey they might even be from the fifties! Haha wrong, just some old huffys. No problem Nick is a good dude, and I needed some free parts. Flash forward a few, er make that six months and they were still just sitting around. So after my buddy Mikes bare metal build viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17065 I got the bug to build. I wanted these two to be twins fromthe ground up, whitewalls, red rims, coasters, bare metal frames, red seat springs, checkerboard seats, longhorn bars, and red glitter grips......lots of parts to find and buy!!!! Here we goooooooooooooooo.....Mens.
DSCN2509.jpg

Womans
DSCN2511.jpg

Nothing to pretty to look at, but after some Strippers and wire wheels............
DSCN2586.jpg
a lil difference I'd say, getting back to the inspiration I wanted them to look like bare metal rat rods, and one of these...
tank.jpg

some close ups.
DSCN2589.jpg

DSCN2590.jpg

Nice eh? Now I need a some wheels...but times four....can get kind pricey so me and mikey went to the Market of fleas....and found these!!!!
DSCN2591.jpg

DSCN2594.jpg

Nothing to awesome right but wait...
DSCN2592.jpg

DSCN2593.jpg
three speeds!!!!!

Both Flea market bikes were purchased for a cool $90 and both had matching Wald bars, and Sturmey three speed/coaster brakes. Not too shabby.

After five days in a row of 100 degree heat I have both bikes in mock up, pics to come. Next up is rim painting, seat covering and some grips....Some teaser shots of the painted seat springs and bare seat.
DSCN2646.jpg

I was thinking about a set of drank carriers, maybe some copper cups? Pics from my early typhoon build.
DSCN1819.jpg
What say everybody? More to come boys and girls, stay tuned Headbangers ball will be back in a minute. :p

Sorry for no pics of the mock-up, I've been workin on some other projects, but good news, mounted the suicide shifter on the gals bike now I just need to build the tubing for it. Red glitter grips are here so is the seat material...time to get to work, more pics to come. stay tuned!

ok time for some pics of the work I have been getting done and some new parts! Got the fabric for the seats can't go wrong with checkerboard.
DSCN2702.jpg
Some red glitter grips for the happy couple.
DSCN2684.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

Painted the seat frames and put them on the frames for mock-up
DSCN2683.jpg
DSCN2688.jpg

Started to work on the lay out for a pair of suicide shifters, still need some tubing for the levers and some shift knobs..
DSCN2685.jpg

DSCN2686.jpg

Full mens mock-up
DSCN2687.jpg

and the lady's
DSCN2682.jpg

I still need to:
paint the wheels, red of course.
cover the seats
make the shifter tubing and knobs
clean up the bars a bit
strip the bikes down and clear coat the forks and frames.After that, maybe a skull or spiderweb sprocket set? Thanks for stopping by!

Looking awesome friend......Frames cleaned up amazing......Really cool to see you using old parts and bringing them back to life......A+ for sure......Keep us posted......

Back