Heavy Duty 26x2.125" 11G Spoke Wheel Sets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought slowriderz 1950's Monark and have started looking for a set of wheels and I was looking at some Worksman wheels but the price is too high for what I plan to do then I ran across these wheels already built with a coaster brake setup which is exactly what I want... Now, how do you guys feel about the quality of these wheels and so forth? I would like to fit a set of 26x3 tires on the bike but I will see if that's possible once I get it sometime next week or if chad gets the time to measure before he ships it. Regardless I really like the thick spoke look and think this is the way I want to go as far as wheels and if not these most likely the 3G 57mm but i want chrome and I haven't seen those in chrome.... Let me know guys, opinions wanted good or bad....

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/heavy_ ... uge_spokes

And this is the bike if anybody knows how wide of a rear tire I can fit....

azydeveb.jpg

udu6e2yz.jpg

uzety3ev.jpg

Thanks, Colyn.

Bump because a worksman wheel just came up for sale and I need to know so I can snag it asap if it will work for what I want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Re: Heavy Duty 26x2.125

The only thing I dont like about them is the fact that a majority of the heavy duty ones have made in taiwan emblazzoned on the hoop. Other than that they are awesome. Worksman are cool if you are going to do serious stuff. A little heavy for regular cruising.

I can get a built front worksman wheel for $108 shipped and snag this rear worksman 3-speed for $80 and mount some 26x2.125's on my Monark... if this wheel will work let me know and ill send payment.

I'm starting to think worksman 11g spokes on the 24x80mm & 24x100mm wheels I'm hoping to run on my firebike they will just have to be drilled out for the increased size.

Bicycle808 said:
ind-chuckz said:
Worksman is telling me the 2014 wheels are going to be a big improvement.

Did they give you any details? How're they gonna be different?

Improvement? I like them the way they are and I have two sets, one Chrome and one Alloy, mine don't have "Made in Taiwan" stamped on them, thought they were made in NY with the frames.....

Like I said before I wish they made some 80mm & 100mm wheels.....

Pm me the price on a 24x80mm & 24x100mm with 11gauge spokes and a nexus 3 hub...

Better chrome job and better and smoother welds.
irideiam said:
Bicycle808 said:
ind-chuckz said:
Worksman is telling me the 2014 wheels are going to be a big improvement.

Did they give you any details? How're they gonna be different?

Improvement? I like them the way they are and I have two sets, one Chrome and one Alloy, mine don't have "Made in Taiwan" stamped on them, thought they were made in NY with the frames.....

Back