headset rake angle cut/weld

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, another idea: I want to cut my top tube at the headset to create some rake in my forks....any suggestions? I know if not done right it won't look good. I think I will want/need to add some length (stretch) to the top tube as well as the bottom tube. Can anyone share some photos of the process? Thanks! Rob

I have a bike that I did that to. I cut about an inch out of the top tube, about 2 inches aft of the head tube, and used a torch to heat the down tube to rake the headtube back. To line up the 2 ends of the top tube, I made about 3 pie cuts on the top of the top tube that was attached to the head tube,and pulled it into place. I then had it welded up at a muffler shop ( I don't have a welder).
bobber2.jpg

I have a bike that I did that to. I cut about an inch out of the top tube, about 2 inches aft of the head tube, and used a torch to heat the down tube to rake the headtube back. To line up the 2 ends of the top tube, I made about 3 pie cuts on the top of the top tube that was attached to the head tube,and pulled it into place. I then had it welded up at a muffler shop ( I don't have a welder).
bobber2.jpg

Thank you!
I do have some pics of the actual cutting, I just gotta find them.
I also apologize for posting it twice, I thought my computer froze the first time I tried.

Back