Headin' to the beach so I gotta build a cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this '64 Schwinn in the trash a few years ago and since it looked like robot beavers chewed on the top tube I never used it for a build. I was looking for a beater to take camping and some trail riding along lake Michigan and remembered that I still had the old beast up in the attic.
I'm going for a So-Cal cruiser look, no idea of what colors to go with, but I made some reproduction old school water slide style surf and hot rod decals for it. I only have to weeks to get it done, so if I can come up with a color scheme it will be painted next week.

DSC04507.jpg

DSC04508.jpg

I'll second that on the skate board..........very cool!

When I was a kid in the 60's my parents always had water slide decals in the quarter windows of their cars. I used to do the same thing with my bikes putting on any old stickers that I could find. I kind of reproduced that feel with the skate deck.

DSC04510.jpg

cool zorlac sticker! :mrgreen: one of my oldest friends is johnny"tex"gibson.him and craig johnson,and a couple of other old school texas skaters,just started their own board company called Embassy Skateboards.check them out! :D

Finally got everything in paint, my wife puts up with all of my bike foolishness so I let her pick the colors. I was not so sure about them when I had both cans in my hand, but once it was laid I have to admit it, she picked better colors than the ones that I had in mind.
I just need to get it all together and lay some graphics on it before next weekend and head to the beach.

DSC04535.jpg

Back