HEADBADGES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I may be wrong,but as i look at my puney pile of frames,I realize there ain't a dang headbadge on any of them. I have no idea what kind of bike any of them were. I ,and this is just my thoughts on the matter, wish the headbadges were left alone. Charge me more for the frame , but give me the dang headbadge. They really don't bring that much on E-bay.....I have looked. Unless it really a rare one, and then I can't believe a person would want to mess up an expensive rare frame buy keeping the headbadge. I know there is someone out there with a flyte one stashed. Someday a hundred years from now somebody will look at a cool frame and say I wonder who made this bike .....and nobody will know, because the headbadge is buried in some other state. Ok thats my 2 cents worth. :lol:

the colson I sold you was missing the badge
I used to keep them on the frames and most generic ones i still do
but i had one once i was paid $100 for the badge and 25 for the frame ... so well it was an easy decision :)

cman said:
so what are you putting on the stretches?
If I live long enough to ever sell one to someone other than family,I'm going to take a hammer and a chisel and bang HOMEMADE on them. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
cman said:
If I live long enough to ever sell one to someone other than family,I'm going to take a hammer and a chisel and bang HOMEMADE on them. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It you have access to a CNC machine some cool things could be done

Maybe something functional like I put on the Black Rat :p
0731070747a.jpg

Hooch said:
the colson I sold you was missing the badge
I used to keep them on the frames and most generic ones i still do
but i had one once i was paid $100 for the badge and 25 for the frame ... so well it was an easy decision :)
I really understand the concept, I am just mad at my own short commings,for not knowing who made what. They really look like the same company built most of them and just changed the bars a little. Or they all copied each other. Hooch yours is the only one that i know what it is. i could draw a colson in my sleep. Hey Hooch you got a flyte??? :mrgreen:

I wish. I found it on the Cabe. It was produced by a Canadian outfit called CCM Flyte. Only made them for 4 years . Scarce as chickens teeth. wish I had it. :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
cman said:

hmm.... i have B~day just around the corner..hmmm

Hey Rat Rod has a custom stretch laying around you could probably buy and then wish yourself a happy birthday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hooch said:
nope dont know what it is
but if you post pics of the frames on the cabe forum im sure those guros could ID them for ya
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/index.php
Come on Hooch dont let me down, you know what every bike made is. Surely you have seen one of these Canadian babies. :lol:

Flyte202.jpg

I have seen a few of these in a friends bike collection. They are the coolest bikes made. They are also one of the rarest CCM bikes. They were made from 1936 to 1940. My friend would have 4 of them but when he had one shipped from Montreal to Regina the truck stopped in Winnipeg where the truck full of computers and 2 bikes was stolen. The company employee who stole it was high on cocane and sold all the computers. He did not remember where he got rid of it or the bikes.The bikes have not been seen since. I would guess he opened the box to find an old bike and dumped them in the garbage. I would love to have one of these.

No kidding, pop still comes in aluminum cans so why can't they stamp them out from the leftover cans? You can't get cheaper than that. Isn't there a thread on making headbadges?

Back