Head Badge Nails/Studs/Rivets?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What are you guys using to secure your head badges? I found some small brass trim nails at the hardware store that would be ......., but once I cut them to length so they don't hit the steer tube on the fork, they don't hold tight in the hole.

I cheat :D Use those brass nails your found and grind them till you have just the heads left or just a nub of a tip left. Take them and glue them in place with a white water based craft glue, this makes it secure without being permanent. Then stick your head badge on with double sided tape.

Forrest

I started using small brass machine screws that I can get from either a hobby shop or order from Micro Mark. Depending on the badge or bike, I use either 0-80, 1-72 or 2-56 x 1/4". I bought both screws and taps from the hobby shop as the taps were cheaper there. And I was too impatient to wait for the mail. The brass gives a nice touch IMHO, and I like the way it looks on my bikes. Good luck!

Someone on here said to use the screws that hold cassette tapes together. Supposed to be the exact right size. Gary

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I've used the screws from a cassette before, worked perfectly.

B607 said:
Someone on here said to use the screws that hold cassette tapes together. Supposed to be the exact right size. Gary

Cheers,
Dr. T

None of the cassette tapes that I have found use screws though... I've searched high and low..

You may not be old enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Try the 'music section' at Goodwill or Salvation Army. I haven't seen many 'factory' cassettes with screws, usually they are the 'blank' ones, you know, for 'Mix Tapes' :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arpicker said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
I've used the screws from a cassette before, worked perfectly.

B607 said:

Cheers,
Dr. T

None of the cassette tapes that I have found use screws though... I've searched high and low..

Back