head badge help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when there stuck but have a flathead face on em, i usually line a flathead up with the screw and then give it a couples smack it with a hammer, then try to screw it out. kind of making the screws head "fit" the screwdriver.

if that fails id use a dremel and grind the heads off but theres more of a chance of messing up the headbadge that way.

CCR said:
when there stuck but have a flathead face on em, i usually line a flathead up with the screw and then give it a couples smack it with a hammer, then try to screw it out. kind of making the screws head "fit" the screwdriver.

if that fails id use a dremel and grind the heads off but theres more of a chance of messing up the headbadge that way.

yeah... i tried setting the screwdriver with a hammer... no luck. tried drilling the heads but the drill kept slipping off.

Mr. Farrell said:
CCR said:

yeah... i tried setting the screwdriver with a hammer... no luck. tried drilling the heads but the drill kept slipping off.

dremels are different than drills, kind of like a little grind you take to the screw rather than taking the part to the grinder. ive never had luck taking a regular drill & bit to em without sacrificing the badge.

awesome, thanx man. how much?

here's what it's lookin like. the edges rolled rolled over and pinched together. i tried to use some needle nose to fix it but it wasn't really workin.

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

Back