Hawthorne Motorbike w/ Whizzer Engine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up this cool old bike this weekend. I checked the engine serial number and its a 1948. I haven't checked the frame age yet but it does have the horizontal dropouts and rear axle adjusters.
It looks as though it was parked at least 40 years ago and then used for a donor but at least the bike does still have a schwinn springer and a cool old whizzer glass lense tail light on it.
Not sure what direction I'm going with it just yet but I've got a few different ideas for it.
I'm just thinking that if this thing could talk it would have some great tales of the two wheels.
Picture 4536.jpg
Picture 4539.jpg

Another Whizzer with no front brake. Suicide ride. It doesn't looked like he crashed it...maybe he lived. Gary

Remember these things were from a day where Safety Nazis didn't have any political power and Darwinism was allowed to work.;)

Yes, and I'm sure "natural selection" culled out quite a few of our bike riding brethren back in the day. The good old days!:crazy2: Gary

Back