Hawthorne info please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info would help... year etc. Serial # E33278
9e677259.jpg
a3fe319f.jpg
e1b11497.jpg

Thanks for your reply,Ben,that makes this bike about 50 years older than you!,thanks again.

The bike is a 1939 Cleveland Welding Built Hawthorne. The CWC built Shockmaster springer fork was an optional upgrade at that time and the bike would have originally had a tank, a rack, and fenders with a delta torpedo headlight mounted on the front.

The bike is all torn down right now,it will get new paint on frame and rims,looking for new spokes right now,clean everything,old rear rack,new tires and ride

I will.....hey,a guy on ebay says his spokes are correct for this bike 10 5/8 long 14 gauge .080 $50 does this sound right [size and price] and thanks for your help ....are you sure your just 22years old :D

im4nyj said:
I will.....hey,a guy on ebay says his spokes are correct for this bike 10 5/8 long 14 gauge .080 $50 does this sound right [size and price] and thanks for your help ....are you sure your just 22years old :D

Sounds a little pricey to me.

I'm 26 actually 8)

im4nyj said:

If those are stainless spokes with nipples included that doesn't sound like a bad price to me. The length is correct if you have stock hubs. Gary

Yes thats stainless with nipples and butted ends like the originals,thanks for the info Gary

All done
5936bfc9.jpg
445/im4nyj/af5063df.jpg[/IMG]http://s1102.photobucket.com/http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/im4nyj/?action=view&current=bcd00994.jpgalbums/g445/im4nyj/?action=view&current=af5063df.jpg

Latest posts

Back