hawthorn springer and 70s style chopper bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found these at the scrap pile today at work im probably gona rob the seat and sissybar for my huffy rail and build the hawthorn. Its a skiptooth bike with beehive style springer I've never seen before.
2011-10-12_12-07-06_148.jpg

2011-10-12_12-06-58_508.jpg

2011-10-12_12-09-47_306.jpg

Anyone know how I have can tighten a front wheel on this springer or just leave it loose? Had no front wheel when I grabbed it. I paid 30need for both and picked them up at lunch time made another run after lunch saw a guy tossing a girls monarch out of his truck spray painted white but has good rims and tires so ill probably grab that after work

you have a rail? lets see it! :mrgreen:

Here's the rail its a single speed but all original tires are wore but I paid 25
bucks for it the chrome should clean up good I put air in the tires and used a whole can of pb blaster on the chain and now the rear spokes are loose from me pulling wheelies so much the orange metalflake seat should look better than the one on it its bad
IMG_20110210_201819.jpg

dragn91 said:
Here's the rail its a single speed but all original tires are wore but I paid 25
bucks for it the chrome should clean up good I put air in the tires and used a whole can of pb blaster on the chain and now the rear spokes are loose from me pulling wheelies so much the orange metalflake seat should look better than the one on it its bad
IMG_20110210_201819.jpg

i would give ya $45 for it! :mrgreen:

Is it just me or is no one seeing what appears to be a decent set of Schwinn Ramshorn handle bars on the "chopper".Pull 'em off and look in the center where the goose neck clamps them...if they are Schwinn they are stamped...mine are...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Is it just me or is no one seeing what appears to be a decent set of Schwinn Ramshorn handle bars on the "chopper".Pull 'em off and look in the center where the goose neck clamps them...if they are Schwinn they are stamped...mine are...Pappy 8)
Those are the taller ramshorn bars, not the one's schwinn used. but still very kool. And that bike is a perfect exsample of 70's custom built Choppers.

Those springers are awesome. They require some yanking and a bad word or two to get the wheel on. Here's a pic of mine. If ya need a better one I can get one for ya. The axle floats in the arms for the spring and the tabs go on the axle and on the front of the dropout and provide stability. Cheers, Jordan
bikestuff168.jpg

IMG_20110210_201819.jpg
[/quote]
The front fork looks bent to me...?

I have the same bee hive springer on my FlexLiner 7 build.
Did you ever figure out the front fork?
Are there any slotted washers of something along those lines around the axle against the inside of the chrome fork?
I am trying to see how to tighten the wheel down without locking the springer function.

Back