have you ever built or seen a bike that was perfect?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that or one that made your spine tingle and just think to yourself "wow that is just stunning." for myself the perfect bike is the higgins only because of the way it looks and rides. it is really hard to build something that looks amazing and different but also rides well. all the bikes i have done since that bike have been trying to beat it and none have yet. some may have looked better but it is always hard to make the ride as perfect. and this is open to original bikes too i remember the first time i saw an elgin bluebird and it stoped me dead in my tracks and made my hair stand.

i'll tell you when i get my buildoff bike put back together :mrgreen: it wasnt really rideable before due to the steering tube slop problem. style wise, those are my favorite frames, and i really prefer middleweight tires to ballooners. its gonna have low gear and cruisin gear which is all i need. in the end it will be a personalized version of the classic bike i love the most, and built to ride :D

I like the looks of the Guv'nor, and even more so, the attitude that they had to build such a thing instead of getting stuck in the same carbon fiber rut that the rest of the cycling world is stuck in. But I can't help thinking that it's a little like the Prowler, just a little too perfect. That identical bike, if it was 60 years old, would be great.

This one has always done it for me...outsider13's ride. :mrgreen:

IMG_0013Cx5-1.jpg

Its only been thru the last year and a half that I really started wanting to put my ideas together. I have always leaned towards the fat tire bikes cause they just look so cool. When I entered RRBB2I had no idea that I would even get one vote,I was way outta my league. I love riding Hellbilly. It fits. Makes me wanna lean around corners, lol.I rode it to a bike swap and had people wanting to buy it, that was way too cool. I rode it thru the local Taquriea (sp) and the kid at the window offered me 200.00 right there, would have considered it, but I needed a ride home @ 2;00 in the morning.It has its own personality, but to me it rides perfect. 8)
rrbofinalpics002.jpg

i think the perfect bike is one that you cant feel underneath you when your riding, does that make sense? for the the most perfect bike ive ridden was my last gravity bike build, at 60mph it was silent, still, smooth, it was almost surreal, like gliding or something. amazing
fast eddie outty

Wow those are some nice bikes. The white rubber tires are seeming to be somewhat popular. I think I am going to stick to black. As for a perfect bike or a well made one. That's up to the artisan/engineer/craftsman working on the bike. I can say that I am sure there are bikes that have zero tolerances and ride like silk. But that takes pride, dedication and a lot of worldly knowledge. At one time being proud of the job you did was paramount and the money was they payoff for the pride and work involved. It was respect for ones abilities as well as a consumer who wanted a solid product and understood the extra buck was worth it in the long run when in a year the bike is still running like it was brand new and handling just as well and even more so when your younger brother got it and flogged crap out of it. There are zero technical issues. The worst thing to worry about? a flat tire. There's no oil leaking out of crank cases and no looseness in down tubes or hubs or crank cases. I don't know how my first build will go. I know I am going to take my time and do it the way I WANT IT. PERFECT or close to it. it's my name on that bike. It deserves to be close to perfect.

It's taking your time, using the resources around you and getting the best part for the job.

Ive seen some (here) but havent built one yet. Actually, I dont like the way ANY of my bikes ride... :roll:

Markm said:
Ive seen some (here) but havent built one yet. Actually, I dont like the way ANY of my bikes ride... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back