have i gone bananas? i think so.. help ol skool bmx gurus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the first bike is a columbia MX from the original owner. its in pretty good shape except for the fenders. maybe some bmx guys could chime in on this one any ideas if its worth anything? complete w/ star wars stickers
gobananas002.jpg

gobananas004.jpg

gobananas006.jpg

the second is from the same guy but this was his brothers bike given to him for christmas. it is a vista torino 400 it has a sturmey archer 3 speed that needs some work, its pretty dusty but should clean up nicely.
gobananas007.jpg

gobananas008.jpg

and the third was free how can i say no to free. my favorite part is the ren and stimpy stickers
gobananas011.jpg

gobananas014.jpg

Re: have i gone bananas? i think so

That Columbia MX is just flat out cool.

I mean...Star Wars stickers...so period correct!

Not sure that it's overly valuable, but I bet the BMX junkies would love it on Ebay.

That Columbia is way cool...that's bmx roots right there. I'm pretty sure it's a federal law that you have to make dirt bike sounds when riding one of those early MX inspired bikes.
As far as value, the old adage holds true...it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Even though there are quite a few guys like me that get a real kick out of the early "wannabe" bmx bikes, they simply do not bring the money that real bmx stuff does. If it was in pristine shape you might be able to get a few bucks out of it, but so far I haven't seen the old Huffys and Columbias bring big bucks. At the Rockford Vintage BMX show this year the guy next to us had a Huffy Thunder Road in really good shape, and he had a price tag with $50.00 hanging on it. Not one nibble on it all weekend. At the end of the show he was ready to throw it in the trash, so I traded him some parts for it.
You might find a guy that had that same bike as a kid and has to have another one, but don't hold out for big $$$...in the meantime clean it up and have fun riding wheelies on it. :mrgreen:

Back