have down 10 dollars on 125 dollar columbia ladys tank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the round things that cover th holes around the crank are bent and some of the balls fell out of the bearing what should i get to hook up the crank

Keep your eyes on your local craigslist for a cheap 26" bike with coaster brakes. The style really doesn't matter, but you should be able to find one for under $40. Buy that, and take the wheels, crank, and all the bearings off of it for your Columbia. If the bearings aren't shot, they won't fall out of the cage. Buying a parts bike is way cheaper than buying new parts, and if it's the same size as your Columbia, you'll be able to use more parts from it and save yourself more money. You really can't go wrong getting new bearings from your LBS, though. Shouldn't run you more than $20 or so, and that way, you'll know they're good.

the tires are probably 26 X 2.125 or 26 X 1.75
you could probably find a donor bike cheaper than that new one. :wink:

do you have any recycling places or scrapyards nearby? If so, check 'em. Get to know the guys there...bikes arent worth much, scrapwise, I was getting 'em for $5 dollars a pop...
Please note, were not knocking your choices or decisions, just tryin to help ya out the cheapest way possible :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

im a very inpatience person and i want to get this bike on the road as quick as possible

thanks i have seen that bike before but its to many miles from bangor my dad would not drive that far

and the bike might not be a 26 inch it might be a 24 inch so will half to wait and until i get the bike if it does not say on the bike i wall half to take it to my local bike shop and ask them what size they are

hey micah do you have a wal-mart near by? if so you could order this site to store http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4990074 and take the wheels, crank, bearings, tires ect and try to flip the rest for like 20 on craigslist or you could pm me i just picked up a spaceliner i could give you wicked cheap or just the parts tyou need and shipping wouldn't be to bad since i'm in ma

Keep looking! Don't blow your whole budget on a parts bike. Stuff shows up cheap all the time, but you've gotta be patient. Check thrift stores, Salvation Army, Goodwill too. Until you find what you need in a parts bike, why not concentrate on learning the mechanics of the Columbia, taking it apart, greasing bearings, etc. Once you've got it apart, you could start working on the frame, if you're planning on painting it, start sanding away the rust, and all that. I just don't want to see you waste $80 on a parts bike when they're out there cheap. You should save that money for your next project bike!!! Oh, and it will say on the tires what size they are. The term 26" bike just means that it has 26" tires on it. If it's a 24, the same suggestions still apply, but you may have to get new wheels and tires...

hey thats a good deal for the bike at walmart i can give my money to my mom and she can get a discount because she works there

If you have a Wal-Mart near you, just go buy a cruiser at the store for $90.

Impatience is going to burn a hole in your pocket and bring much frustration.

there two walmarts in my area and im preatty sure they dont have any

Okay...let's lay this out...

$125 for the Columbia.....$130 for the bike from Amazon...now you're up to $255.

I think you need to step back and think hard about your investment here.

You're gettin' in deep for a ladies bike.

If that's the route you want to take, you can go on their website and order it, and they'll deliver to a store near you for free.

This bike was purchased for $200 shipped.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Back