Has anyone converted a 26x1 3/8 bike to 700c wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bike uses a 700c wheel with a fork from a Hawthorne? with 28" wheels.
Picture054.jpg

Picture052.jpg

have done several schwinns, never a problem, although the schwinn wheels are a slightly larger diameter than a standard ea3. so you don't have to search, here's a couple i've posted here before- 700x40 (top), 700x35c (bottom). The blue bike has modern shimano long reach sidepulls. i doubt these (mud room) or the original brakes (power) would work well for 'cross....
DSC00785.jpg

contiafter005.jpg

Not to hijack the thread but Boardtrack,is that a Ivers frame? I seen one like that on local CL awhile back.First time I had ever seen a frame like it.My next build was going to imitate it. I already got the white tires and will make it a 3 speed, but w/ an old Cleveland style fork. The frame Im starting with is an old Shogun that I plan on adding the second bar to.This is the first time I have seen your bike ,Please dont be offended if I use that type of frame. :oops: :wink:

This is the one on CL. I just noticed the bar on this pic. looks like it touches the top bar.
1f51241483m23p53l78b8ffe15196e0d31c.jpg

Back