Hard Rock Life

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Im really more of a MTBer, only done a few "kustom" builds, all of them had a good dose of mountain in them. This one will be no exception.

I got a couple mid 2k's Spesh Hard Rock frames on the cheap from my LBS. I had been wanting to build up a budget MTB for my little brother and one was OD green so it looked perfect for him. (TOP PIC)

They got a tough look to them, and they'll clear about a 3" tire so they make a great, inexpensive base.

The other one was silver with lame graphics, and tons of paint chips and dings, a perfect kustom starter. Frame sat in the shed all winter, got it painted last week. Sorry no "before" pic.

Attachments

• NCM_0735.JPG
    NCM_0735.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 150
  • NCM_2288.JPG
    NCM_2288.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 160
  • NCM_2289.JPG
    NCM_2289.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 153
Tires came in yesterday, got them mounted, headset and BB installed. Bars are mid school Kore Strictly D DH bars, color matched to the frame with the Krylon brushed metallic oiled bronze paint I got for $2 on clearance at Walmart. Fork is a Dyno Moto glide triple clamp Ive been sitting on forever.

Since Ive moved to 27.5 for the gravity thing, I had a saint/rhyno 26" wheel sitting around, like a man without a country, now given a new home, with a new purpose, like an ugly duckling blossoming into a beautiful butterfly. Or whatever. 1st gen Saint stuff was cool, the derailleur mounted to the axle directly to eliminate the weak spot of the hanger, unfortunately this lead to dropout compatibility issues, I had to remove a good portion of the dropout on this frame to get the derailleur to mount right.

Anyway, got a pretty deep mockup done today, rear cassette rubs a bit.... Still plenty more work to do, and I dont have all the parts I need so may be a bit of a hiatus before another major update.

Attachments

• NCM_2300.JPG
    NCM_2300.JPG
    432.7 KB · Views: 161
  • NCM_2301.JPG
    NCM_2301.JPG
    552.7 KB · Views: 172
  • NCM_2302.JPG
    NCM_2302.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 156
  • NCM_2303.JPG
    NCM_2303.JPG