Happy Fathers Day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize up front as this has nothing to do with bikes. Since many posters here are fathers I thought it appropriate. Taken from "strangecosmos.com"

Fathers Day Quotes:
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Mark Twain but no evidence has yet been found for this (Thanks, Garson O'Toole!)

Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. ~Author Unknown

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. ~Red Buttons

==================================

Today's Featured Humor : -) - Wise Advice From Seniors About Raising Miserable Children - (That's YOU!)

To those of us who have children in our lives, whether they are our own, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or students...here is something to make you chuckle. Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to His own children. After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve and the first thing He said was "DON'T!"

"Don't what?" Adam replied.

"Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.

"Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit? Hey Eve. We have forbidden fruit!!!!!"

"No Way !"

"Yes way!"

"Do NOT eat the fruit!" said God.

"Why"

"Because I am your Father and I said so!" God replied, wondering why He hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants. A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break and He was angry! "Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit?" God asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.

"Then why did you?" said the Father.

"I don't know," said Eve.

"She started it!" Adam said

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"DID NOT!"

Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own. Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed

BUT THERE IS REASSURANCE IN THE STORY! If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they haven't taken it, don't be hard on yourself. If God had trouble raising children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for you?

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day.

AND FINALLY:

IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION AND YOU GET A HEADACHE, DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE: "TAKE TWO ASPIRIN" AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"!!!!!

Happy Fathers Day RRBers
Gizmo

Wow , I have none of those cool quotes or any big revelations on life, but
if you qualify.....HAPPY FATHERS DAY! :lol: :lol:

Having grown up without a Father from the age of 4 , I learned how to be a Father on my own, and being told that im a great one is the greatest Honor of all !

To all that Strive to be a good" DaD" and stand buy your Children .Happy Fathers Day !

Rafael

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Having grown up without a Father from the age of 4 , I learned how to be a Father on my own, and being told that im a great one is the greatest Honor of all !

To all that Strive to be a good" DaD" and stand buy your Children .Happy Fathers Day !

Rafael

This.

I'd like to give a shout out to my mom, who wore both hats. If I'm a good dad (and that's debatable), it's because of her. And as far as my father goes, well, you often learn more from bad examples, then you do from good ones.

Some good quotes there. My dad passed a couple of years ago. Sure miss him. Happy Dad's day dad! Gary

Back