Hanging Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To those with too many bikes. (I know there are none of you out there!!)
Do any of you hang your bikes from just the rear wheel?
I'm getting ready for the end of the season and putting up my seldom used and projects in my backyard shed.
Any concerns with hanging them from hooks by only the rear wheel?

No concerns in hanging them from rear tire other than the possibility of occasionally banging into the handle bars or having the front end turning sideways on you. if you have to work or walk around or your hanging bikes I find for me it's better to hang them from the front end. or stagger them with one hanging bars up and the next hanging bars down.

Those wheels can support the weight of a 400 pound person so hanging it by the rear wheel won't hurt it at all.

Thanks, guys. I didn't think it would hurt, but I heard others comment it would stretch the wheel out of round.
I can't imagine that if my svelt 282lbs.
didn't do it, hanging a 40-50lb bike would.
I hung them from the rear wheel, alternating them with the bars one way then the other.
I don't work much in the shed, so height clearance isn't a issue.

20170831_114608.jpg

I hung all my bikes by a wheel, never had a problem, except hanging them too close together and scratching the paint getting them up and down.
I couldn't figure how I has so many bikes. A friend stopped by and told me to keep the boy bikes away from the girl bikes. :21:

Photobucket confiscated it illegally on the web, but I outsmarted them and kept it in my hard drive. Here, it re-appears again magically. I believe the W.W.Web of today is clearly spying, looting and confiscating our private properties and intellectual capital. I was thinking of getting dialup internet service(faster than "high-speed" service) to thwart this abomination and intrusion into our miserable lives.
The bike was not easy to get up there....:13:

Latest posts

Back