Handlebars are my new enemy.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It was nice and calm in the shop today, Cleaning it up, putting away some grips and handlebars and whatnot. Ran into a set of handlebars with some grips that seem significantly tight. I Used the neck to remove the grip, and the grip slid right off, and the handlebar went square into my eye.

Its not black yet, but swollen, and hurty.

Handlebars are my new enemy.

I could have sworn that grip was more tighty.

I'm sorry, but that's kinda funny :mrgreen: :lol: It seems like something I would do :roll: Hope ya feel better Dingo :D

I think it was hilarious.

I mean...It hurt like heck when it happend...I dropped the bars, stumbled upstairs, and looked in the mirror. It got me in the eye...corner...Thing.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I mean...It hurt like heck when it happend...I dropped the bars, stumbled upstairs, and looked in the mirror. It got me in the eye...corner...Thing.

I bet you don't look half as good as you used to.

ROFL!!! :mrgreen:
Come on, that was good. :lol:

That's why God gave you 2 eyes! LOL Maybe a full coverage helmet next time! :lol:

that almost brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!do you look like this :wink: now? weve all done something similar before. personaly, i hate bungee cords!

i have more bike related accidents when im not even on a bike ! :lol: parts fallen out of the rafters or just bumpin into things :lol:

the easiest way to remove grips i find is a 7/8 open end wrench, side it up against the front of the grip and tap it with a rubber mallet. it will come right off. :D

I feel your pain.I have half circle scar on the side of my face next to my eye from walking through the shop a few years back way to fast.Wacked my head right into some bars that were on one of the stands that hadn't had grips put on em yet,needed 4 stiches.
-Kreep-

LOL ... Im not going to admit to ever doing ANYTHING lke that hate it when that stuff happens.
Usually makes me feel like a stupid kid.... especialy when I should have known better...doooh.
Have never had that problem ... thats my story & Im sticking to it ... yep,

Latest posts

Back