HANDLE BAR CHOICES for Rat Fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, So I have 3 sets of bars im debating on for my Rat Fink. Please help me chose which ones look best.

WHICH ONES LOOK BEST???? 1 -2 - or 3?

OPTION # 1 (LOW BMX STYLE)
rat1.jpg

OPTION # 2 (MEDIUM Cruiser Style)
rat2.jpg

OPTION # 3 (APE HANGER)
rat3.jpg

Spin the threadless stem back and try #1 for a while, it will give it a little more of a MC fork/bar look and should have great control. If you have, or get, another stem mount up the other bar of choice and you will have a quick swap out depending on mood.
Are those 7/8 bars at the clamp?, if you dont use #1 I could........ :wink:

They are all 7/8" #1 was swaped of of my Felt MP. I liked the feel of those best but it was a little motocross like. I like the look af the apes best but, wanted to do something a little different. I will try swinging the stem and feeling that out for a while.
As far as the # 1 bars. I have to keep those around for the Felt I have for Sale. I may try and find some black straight or drag type bars.

Thanks for the input!

Whichever feels best will probably look best, at least while you're riding. :| Maybe it's just me, I'm a somewhat of a functional fit freak when it comes to bikes. :mrgreen:

If you are going for parking lot styling points I like number 3, most visual impact. If you want riding comfort you have to try them out, number 2 may be a good compromise, they look good and seem about right for riding.--- just the opinion of a guy who has not built his first yet.

Back