Hammerite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we do, I use it quite often, Rustoleum now has its version out, think it's called hammered

Hammerite is available at most hardware stores that carry a good supply of paint, I have also found it at big discount stores like "Ocean State" "Big Lots" etc. I believe it is not a big seller because it is not well known how good it covers, and how nice of a finish it gives. I use it on a lot of restorations of Gas Pumps, and related items, it gives a "Hammered Metal" finish

stephen said:
Just curious, do you have Hammerite in America?

Yes. Even better than that, it is available as a powdercoat finish. That stuff is almost bulletproof! It is a great finish to apply to a frame that is quite pitted/rough, as it hides the issues while making it look REALLY good. I have used it on a couple of frames, the first (purple) was due to the novelty of it, the second (blue) was due to the condition of the frame exterior surface being as rough as a corncob (but still very much strong/safe). Here are a couple of shots of it. These are coated a second time with translucent colors to give them a little something extra.

I have used the spray and brush on stuff before, and it does essentially the same thing, but is not quite as durable in the end.

Neat stuff though..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Back