Hairpin Replica Saddle Question?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Hairpin saddle from Rideable Bicycle Replicas. I am not too sure if I am happpy with it or not. First off I received the wrong color. I was supposed to have gotten the lighter brown color and they sent me the darker color. No big deal as I kind of like both.

The leather on top is all scratched up and has a very used look to it. Do any of you own one of these? Is this condition normal for these saddles?

Thanks,

Eric

Mine wasn't scratched. It was rather smooth and shiny. VERY comfortable!

Thanks Kota. That is what I thought. Here is a picture of one of the marks....

DSC02689.jpg

Hi there! I have one, and I have to admit, the finish/coloring they use on these seems to be hit and miss. It's like it does not have the correct adhesiveness or penetration into the leather they are using. Consequently, there seems to be a bit of cracking and scratching to the look. :?

That being said, unless it is a show bike, getting on that sucker is a lot of fun and the antiqued/old finish just adds to the character. 8)

If that seat is structurally sound, don't sweat it. A month from now you won't even remember what it looked like originally :mrgreen:

Thanks bombshelterbikes..... you are right, I should not sweat small things like that.

By the way does the leather on yours smell weird too? It does not have the normal leather smell but rather more a dead animal smell..... :D

yep, mine smells wierd. i put leather soap on mine to make it old looking and also to sofen it up a little. like it alot. yep, put it on an ride.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Road kill....... nice!

Rat Rod said:
This is how they keep the cost down....they use road kill. :lol:

I always wondered what happens to DEAD cats!.....At least they have a "purpose" WHEN THEY'RE DEAD! Cause they don't when they're alive.

Awesome! I was looking for this type of saddle and didnt know where to find them. For 30 bucks, that's great and will fit my bike great. What type of seatpost type do they fit?

as i am to understand there are a few ways to tan leather one of which is urine tanning which i think they do on the less expensive leather seats like this one and persons. your good just dont get it wet eeewwwwww.

I just received one of these seats which I purchased on eBay and the first thing I noticed when I opened the box is the smell. My girlfriend thinks it's the most ridiculous saddle she's ever seen, but she loves how comfortable it is to ride with.

You'll notice the is a stamp on the side, starts with an "S" but can't make out the rest. It is leather, but I'm trusting my girlfriend with confirming that smell. :roll:

yeah it reeks pretty bad!

Latest posts

Back