had to repaint ( elgin)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
paint would't come off to good, so i had to repaint it..i put the sprocket on just to see what it would look like,still alot more to do.i painted the whole frame white then made my own decals out of contact paper, then went over it with blue.
w6tqo0.jpg
dtwk8.jpg
2vsf91w.jpg

Very, very nice color for that bike. i never think of Elgins in Blue, kinda like "Rhapsody in Blue" 8)

BEAUTIFUL!.....Color is perfect.

blacksheep said:
Looks really nice! What is that blue paint? Rustoleum?
As a long time user, I would say it would take quite a bit of time to make Rustoleum that smooth.(Or skill and equipment.)

I had the same oppinion of Rusto until I used their flake stuff. I don't if they're using a different base than their other products, but I went on light and smooth. After two cans of clear laquer it looked like glass. They make a blue flake that looks similar to this bike.

Rusto or not, it's pretty.

Had to ask. I've seen lots of killer paint jobs here on RRB that sure didn't look like they were rattle can. That's a nice blue and if it's the Rustoleum I've seen at WM I'll have to use it on a future project.

Another Awesome Elgin! Looks really nice.
Sean

yeshoney said:
Very, very nice color for that bike. i never think of Elgins in Blue, kinda like "Rhapsody in Blue" 8)

The color sure is perfect! It's looking beautiful- I liked it before, and I like it so much more now. :) "Devil with a Blue Dress On" comes to mind. :lol:

thanks to all the complements... alls i used for the paint was duplicolor paint from the auto parts store .and a lot of sanding if eny of you want the paint # for the blue i used i will put the paint #up tommorow with the white i used its called a bluewhite and then i just cleared it i painted the sprocket with a new crome paint they have and it realy looked good but when i put clear on it .it looked like grey primer .i just hope i can get the rims to look good i might paint them blue with solid white tires ? or paint the rims white with with white walls i think the blue rim will look neet with a all white tire ? the yellow tag on the seat post is the reg.. to the plate on the rear fender i had to keep that . so i taped it off .i just got home from a long atv 100mile ride up in east burk vermont today now back to work on my bike lol.ill put the paint #s up tommorow thanks again on all the complements ..rnchoppers ..from ..........MA,

Dupli color, in my opinion is the best finish you can get out of a can. I've been working on a bike I did 5 yrs. ago, paint is still nice and smooth and shines great.

Back