Hack rescue...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I had mentioned on my Newb thread, when I said hello, I bought this old frame off eBay, and am gonna try to rescue it. What I couldn't really tell from the pix, but suspected, it was a girl's frame, that someone tried to make into a boy's bike. After looking at the mess for awhile, I decided on a plan for a possible save. Hope these pics load... lol
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG

thanks for the kind words, hated to see such a piece of history go wasted, am thinking something old, and something new, kinda like the sections I had to start with...

somewhere in there, have some really cool parts to hang on this one, so far, haven't been able to score the forks I need, so probably will just build some, lol...

Thanks man! Gonna ride my donor bike, on a 14 mile group ride next weekend, and make sure everything is working just right, before I strip it. Waiting to see where the bids end up on a front fork right now, and that will determine whether I buy one, or just build it all. Can't wait to get this one rolling, it will probably end up being my rider...

So the ebay king, who wouldn't do a buy it now deal, got less than half of what he thought his fork was worth. No worries, I will build one myself, stayed tuned, this will be cool... :cool:

unnamed (16).jpg
unnamed (17).jpg
unnamed (18).jpg
got my forks extended today, nice to see it sitting on it's wheels, next up will be the caliper mounts and then the truss rods and bracket...

Last edited:
Back