GUN JUMPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I read that the upcoming RRBBO 19 would allow e-bikes, I got quite excited. I had been ruminating about building a rat e-bike for some time now. I started gathering and ordering parts and dug out my favorite pedal-powered rat for some revamping. Not that it needed revamping; it was a joy to ride with a wonderful 7-speed internal hub coaster brake Shimano wheelset, tan balloon tires and a cushy ordinary saddle.
20240415_155733.jpg

As I gathered the parts from here and there, I couldn't help but start to replace them, and before I knew it, I had a finished rat e-bike. It's fast, with a 1500W motor, and it rides nicely. I am waiting for a disc brake ready, Monark-style springer fork to come from China, and it'll be done.
20240424_102218.jpg

20240424_113033.jpg

I totally jumped the gun on RRBBO 19, but I do have a new ride to play with. I'll just have to sit back and watch you guys come up with some wonderful creations.

Attachments

• 20240415_155733.jpg
    20240415_155733.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now that is cool. I have a similar build in mind for the future. I like how your battery and electronics follow the V pattern and the eclectic mix of parts. Really cool!!

When I read that the upcoming RRBBO 19 would allow e-bikes, I got quite excited. I had been ruminating about building a rat e-bike for some time now. I started gathering and ordering parts and dug out my favorite pedal-powered rat for some revamping. Not that it needed revamping; it was a joy to ride with a wonderful 7-speed internal hub coaster brake Shimano wheelset, tan balloon tires and a cushy ordinary saddle.
View attachment 263185

As I gathered the parts from here and there, I couldn't help but start to replace them, and before I knew it, I had a finished rat e-bike. It's fast, with a 1500W motor, and it rides nicely. I am waiting for a disc brake ready, Monark-style springer fork to come from China, and it'll be done.
View attachment 263183
View attachment 263184
I totally jumped the gun on RRBBO 19, but I do have a new ride to play with. I'll just have to sit back and watch you guys come up with some wonderful creations.

Now that is cool. I have a similar build in mind for the future. I like how your battery and electronics follow the V pattern and the eclectic mix of parts. Really cool!!
I hadn't noticed the V pattern. I always admired V-twins.

My Monark-style springer was delivered, but the steering tube was too short! I'll just save it for the future.
20240501_120240.jpg

So that left me with a front wheel with a useless brake disc attached. I got rid of it.
20240501_123335.jpg

I think it looks cleaner, but now I'm wondering why not just find a spoked front wheel that more or less matches the rear? Back to the storage unit. I may have the right wheel there.

Back