ORBO GT - The Pigeon Roost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Quadra 10 & 21 were pretty simple tech that was fairly bombproof when properly set up. Very popular, easy to maintain & adjust that worked well from what I remember. Can't recall exactly with the Judy. If it's an air sprung fork, seals are typically the problem as with any air spring. They wear, leak & check pressure often

Coil springs are my favorite. Set & forget. Keeping good seals to keep the debris out of the fork helps longevity.

Riding suspended the first time is awesome!

I took apart the Judy and luckily it already had race springs, but I need to replace the damper cartridge. Found an aluminum body one but it’s $70 before shipping.
This years motto is “let it fund itself” I just sold a 90’s Marin frame for $25 so that leaves $45 plus shipping to go.
Most likely I’ll paint to match the frame and GT decals.
Although the Quadra 10 doesn’t need anything and ready to go.

Still possible that I’ll use the 700c fork and it’ll be ok cause I have a real nice fork for another build.

IMG_6090.jpeg
IMG_6091.jpeg

Made some extensions so I can fit a 26” rear rack on the front of the 700c fork.
Not the nicest looking extensions but they’ll work for now.

One day I’ll be brave enough to start brazing and install some bosses on the fork itself.

Other then taking it on a test ride later this afternoon it’s ready for tear down and paint.

IMG_6195.jpeg
IMG_6196.jpeg
IMG_6197.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m just trying to latch onto a good idea. Still working on colors and lines.

I did discover some other nice lines. I fliiped the frame over to give it a once underneath and saw this.
IMG_6257.jpeg

Some nice lines.
I got to thinking what if….. what if I put a 26” in the rear and 20” front on a skinny 24” fork? We got some coolness for sure!
IMG_6261.jpeg

Told myself I can make something out of this with my bottom of the barrel harbor freight welder.
Maybe a recumbent be easiest? Easiest as in minimal welding needed to make another triangle for the cockpit and possibly adding a bottom bracket to the front of the headtube? The ideas there! The seeds been planted for the next build off!

IMG_6262.jpeg

Thank you! I’m just trying to latch onto a good idea. Still working on colors and lines.

I did discover some other nice lines. I fliiped the frame over to give it a once underneath and saw this.
View attachment 258874
Some nice lines.
I got to thinking what if….. what if I put a 26” in the rear and 20” front on a skinny 24” fork? We got some coolness for sure!
View attachment 258875
Told myself I can make something out of this with my bottom of the barrel harbor freight welder.
Maybe a recumbent be easiest? Easiest as in minimal welding needed to make another triangle for the cockpit and possibly adding a bottom bracket to the front of the headtube? The ideas there! The seeds been planted for the next build off!

View attachment 258876

I'm totally on board with the recumbent version. That would be awesome. But if this could come to life as an inverted klunker art piece/bomber!! Amazing!!
1708075776396.png

Latest posts

Back