Greta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, I got this bicycle several months ago, it was in pretty rough shape but when i find bicycles like that, that's when i am most excited about them, so for this one i decided to leave all the rust on the frame and just do a simple clear coat.
oh... and when i say the bicycle was in rough shape i mean that the chain was rusted into a fixed position and the spokes were so rusted that you could break them with 2 fingers

this is the before picture:
315309_2313361801274_1466291071_32628068_5707969_n-1.jpg

around the time i was started this project i was also reading P.G Wodehouse's books about Jeeves and Wooster, i have loved P.G Wodehouse and in several of his books he makes references to a Ms. Greta Garbo, i was curious who this woman was and if she was a real individual so i did some research, turns out she was a movie actress in the 30's-50's, reading about her made the books i was reading much more visual. i enjoyed the name so i decided to name the bicycle after her.
greta-garbo-in-grand-hote-001.jpg

DSCN5084.jpg

I disassembled the bicycle, next to none of the bolts or screws were stripped, i was pleasantly shocked, i sanded off all of the surface rust and then had the parts clear-coated to ensure that the parts would not continue to rust, i re-laced the wheels, gave the bicycle a skip-tooth that was not rusted and gave the bicycle a rack with an old binocular case bolted to the maple platform, put a lamp on the front end and made a coasterbrake arm clamp out of an old fork.
here is the end result.
IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

and here is the whole family :D
IMG_1011.jpg

you are young.lol. she was or is one of my fav's. glad ya did some research. nice job on the bike. she may of liked it too.

Outlaw 8)

Back