Greetings from the Arizona West Coast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow RatRod Bikers!

I figure this is a good place for a first post. My name is CJ Kelly, and I hail from Bullhead City, Arizona. (Right across from Laughlin, NV.) I've ridden bikes all my life, but really have only gotten into building bikes (and I use the term "build" loosely, what I do is nothing compared to what most of you guys do) in the last few years. I spend most of my time doing ministry as the assistant pastor/youth leader/janitor/etc... @ Calvary Chapel Bullhead. In my spare time (haha) I'm either wrenching on a bike, bombing a hill on the longboard, skating a pool, or roadtripping to Oceanside, CA to surf.

My current built bike started as my wife's grandfather's daily rider. When I got it, it was pretty much close to junk. It's a Schwinn, and as far as I can tell is an early 80's cruiser. In trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it, I decided I wanted something that looked different than most of the other cruisers you see, and I definitely wanted a "rat rod" feel to it. So, I went from there and went to work. It originally was a three speed, but I couldn't salvage the drivetrain. I took the frame down to the metal, and went with a satin black. I had an Odyssey ring laying around, so I ditched the original ring, and reused the three piece crank. I chopped the seat post and threw on a flamed comfort seat I sourced from http://www.beachbikes.net. I also found the 26" apes through them as well. The original wheelset was shot, so I found a set through ebay. Had the "meat tenderizer" pedals hanging around the garage, so I used those. Top it all off with a ghetto plastic cup holder, and there you go. When we're in O-side, I get compliments all the time, especially from the other rat rod bike riders. I definitely love riding it.

In the works, I have a Stingray clone I'm building up for a friend, as well as delivery trike I'm tearing down and rebuilding. I'll make sure to update on those as well.

I'm really looking forward to hanging out and being a part of the forum. I've already learned quite a few tricks just from lurking, and I'm super stoked on all the builds you guys have done.

So, there you go. There's my intro. See ya on the road, and God bless! 8)

A few pics I took tonight:
Cruiser2.jpg

Cruiser3.jpg

And one of my ugly mug...
Cruiser.jpg

Welcome Brother, from another youth pastor in Nor Cal, I actually used to live in Oceanside way back in the late eighties entering C.A.S.L. skate contests in freestyle and slalom but that was 100 lbs ago..but I still stress out my Sims Rodney Mullen doing freestyle as I am about to start my Skate worship ministry again......sorry just rambling. Nice builds by the way 8)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Super stoked to be a part of such a great forum!

Found a couple of other pics taken a few months ago in O-side. These are of me and my youngest cruising around. He loves riding up there. (I don't ride fast with him like that, for anyone who might be concerned. :mrgreen: )

Rollinhard.jpg

Rollinhard2.jpg

Don't mess with Daddy's bike...
Phinmaddog.jpg

:lol: Just thought I'd share.

sweet bike my wife and i were just in laughlin for bike week with a bunch of friends im in the process of figuring out what kind of motorcycle i want to build of course it"ll be a rat style bobber plain and simple but custom if your old chain ring is straight u can always clean it up sand blast and paint or re chrome if its one of the old cool ones sorry my name is Brandon V H im a newbie i just posted my intro gonna have some pics soon hopefully

SoulRider said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Super stoked to be a part of such a great forum!

Found a couple of other pics taken a few months ago in O-side. These are of me and my youngest cruising around. He loves riding up there. (I don't ride fast with him like that, for anyone who might be concerned. :mrgreen: )

Rollinhard.jpg

Rollinhard2.jpg

Don't mess with Daddy's bike...
Phinmaddog.jpg

:lol: Just thought I'd share.
Nice pics, the Lord has blessed you.

WELCOME!

Back