Greetings from Seattle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone... I've been eyeing this site for sometime and decided to take the plunge. Currently I have a cheap Wal-Mart beach cruiser but that's it.
I've always wanted an old bike... when I was a young kid I was always more interested in the stingrays and old bikes with tanks on them more than anything that was on the market at that time.
Later when I was a teen in Fort Collins Colorado I fell in love with the bike from the label of Fat Tire beer (brewed at the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, CO). Ever since then I've always gawked at vintage cruisers whenever I see them.
Eventually I put two and two together and realized that you can take the concept of a rat rod (car) and apply it to a bike.
I'm finding new things I enjoy in the rat/custom bike world everyday. I can't wait to see what I find next.

Glad to be here

Thanks I'm happy to be here

Welcome!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

True I'm knocking the bike itself... although it did need a little TLC when I brought it home. After a couple turns of a wrench and a little WD-40 she was ready to take the streets.

HELLO & WELCOME!Your 1 bike is gonna multiply! I gaurentee it! :wink:
L8 EM

Funny you say that... I'm currently in the proccess of getting a new bike. Also I will be building my wife a cruiser here soon.

I wanted to thank everyone again for the welcoming words

hey, fair lane, i am in bothell, where are you at? i just joined, this is a great site, glad to be here. give me a rattle.

Outlaw :D

OUTLAW I PM'd you back... but just for the sake of it I'm in Burien.

So I have some good news from my world, I just bought a bike on ebay on Sunday. A lot of waiting and a couple hundred dollars later and all I have left is some more waiting and then assembly.
The bike I bought is the Zombie King... some may recognize it as it's been posted here before.

Hey Fair Lane,Welcome Aboard.

Judging by your user name...Would you be a Ford guy?

That's right... Specifically 50's Fairlanes and 50's & older (preferably older) Trucks. Just an old car enthusiast all in all. My wife's a MOPAR freak so I've gotten into that a bit but I've turned her interests towards the good old Fairlane!

I should have been a pain and said that it was my givin' name, but internet sarcasm can be taken wrong.
Thanks for the Welcome Bud.

Wow she says the same thing all the time... "Listen to me, listen to me" or at least I think that's what she's saying. JK I love that girl.
I wouldn't mind having an old MOPAR car... I'd actually like to get an early 60's Dart. I'd have to say I like MOPAR just because there are so many options when it comes to interchanging parts easily.

Fair Lane,Dont get me wrong,I dont dislike Fords but they just did some screwed up stuff I cant understand (mid year changes etc.)

If it was easy we'd all be driving Chevys. :mrgreen:

I see where you're coming from there... in Fords you see a lot of 19.. 1/2.
Seriously how often do you see that anywhere else? I don't know if they're trying to squeeze more money outa people or if they just decided that they weren't happy with their original.
Ahh Chevy... I like older Chevys. On the other side in the retro/rockabilly/psychobilly culture I hang out around I've had many "heated" conversations on the topic of Fairlane vs. Bel Air.
It's always a riot to step back and listen to yourself... I'm amazed at the things I'll argue ('til I'm blue in the face) about.

Back