Greetings from Nebraska...updated with pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Just getting in to this so bear with me. I stumbled across this site searching for ideas on finishing the 1935 Wards Hawthorne aluminum frame/fork I just picked up. I have been getting in to bicycle frame painting and am currently working on 2 road bike frames for a couple of guys. Looking forward to this project. Also restoring a pre-war Schwinn Paramount track bike that my grandfather purchased back in the late 30s early 40s from one of the 6-day bike racers in Chicago. Luckily I have all of the original parts minus one of the wooden rimmed wheels.

Ive posted some photos of several of the bikes I have painted recently.

-Mark

The Wards Hawthorne

ngd7ib.jpg

5n2p0x.jpg

Those are some good lookin bikes. Is the Butterfly factory?

edit* I should post a pic of a "Hairy Gary" bicycle we painted at gForse
edit* I'm sorry, I didnt really read your intro, I just scrolled down to see the bikes :roll:

66olds98 said:

edit* I'm sorry, I didnt really read your intro, I just scrolled down to see the bikes :roll:

lets see the hairy gary pics. he makes some killer steel frames. :D :D :D

jandroart said:
66olds98 said:

lets see the hairy gary pics. he makes some killer steel frames. :D :D :D

Yea, Unfotunetly I think he was a little bit ahead of his time so to speak. Not many people were into the steel thing 6-8-10 years ago, now its blown up. He was trying to get back into Full suspension a few years back but that never went anywhere.

Back