Greetings from Fernandina Beach, FL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I must say how great this site is. I have been visiting RatRodBikes for several months and there are some fantastic builders here. One of my favorite builders is Olli Erkkila from Finland.

I'm 61 and I guess I still think I'm 20 again with some of the wild ideas I come up with. My favorite bike has always been Schwinn and I own several at the present time. One of my favorites is a 1972 24" Schwinn Manta Ray (rat rod) with 26" wheels I call the "Manta Rat". I also have a couple non Schwinn vintage road bikes that I rebuilt into single speeds and have for sale. The first one is flat black with red and the second bike is champagne color with purple, black and orange. I've built and sold several vintage single speed and fixie road bikes the last couple of years and really enjoy it but I'm looking forward to building something really different.

5-1.jpg

blackred005.jpg

bikes001-1.jpg

Welcome! Cool singlespeeds! :) Olli's builds are amazing! I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with! :)

Welcome.

I've seen your bikes on CL here. Much better than some others in the local area who are in the bike business.

Wildcat said:
Welcome.

I've seen your bikes on CL here. Much better than some others in the local area who are in the bike business.

Thank you for the kind words. I really spend to much time and money on my vintage single speed bikes to make it worth while. Now with Wally Worlds $149 Mongoose Cachet single speed I may stop building them. I have several single speed/fixie projects I'm working on and want to finish, then I may not build anymore unless it's a special order. Can't compete with Walmart.

I'm interested in building something more exotic such as a forkless or hubless bike.

Back