Green Goodyear Grasshopper Slicks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, on a recent road trip, I came upon a pair of Goodyear Grasshopper Slicks. I bought them on blind faith seeing as how they were being sold next to newer tires that looked like knockoffs. I looked online for a while but didn't find any info on them. Are they old? Are they real? Any help is appreciated.

2s166h5.jpg

2n9ffi0.jpg

2ic9unt.jpg

Wow, I wasnt´t expecting them to go for that much. Thanks for the info. I guess they´re going on my next project, any suggestions?

Great find . I'm jealous :) .

now for a build around em .

I'm not sure Coker, themselves, even made those. I think they may have just marketed them. I have a hunch these were early imports from the Orient. I have read that Carlisle have been credited with being the last American Bicycle tire manufacturer. I'm not sure what year they ceased making those. Sometime in the '80's ?

B607 said:
Does Coker still make the "B.F. Goodrich Silvertowns" and the Schwinn Typhoon Cords? Gary

I almost didn't buy them. But I've got a Murray Eliminator that needed a slick, so I guess It worked out in the end. :D

Great finds! I have a soft spot for those. I have a pretty good 20 x 1 3/4" S-7 that matches those. :D

Back