GRAVITY BIKES ANY ONE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body here into or hurd of gravity bikes? I was into the custom bikes, then got in to the world of gravity sports, racing street luge and down hill skateboard fairly well(witch I still race today.) I got into Gravity bikes shortly, but its a dieing sport. I've reached speeds of 60+mph on a basic custom GT mach one. and took 3rd at the only 2 events I raced in. heres more info.

http://www.doctordanger.com/projects/GravityBikes.HTM

sry only video I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxtvFYwm ... re=related

this things are alot of fun at 25mph as well as 60+mph

I've built a few G bikes. Here is my favorite one a mini 16" with a custom BMX frame and disc brakes, I topped out in the mid 50's (MPH) on it

100_5818.jpg

Looks like fun. How bout a small, titanium framed bike with large diameter, skinny tires and abec 11 bearings? Oh man, I have an idea. Hold my beer!

Heres mine...
gravity2.jpg

This was my first version, the front two wheels were fixed, steering via the rear wheel... didnt have time to test it, and found out real quick my backyard engineering wasnt good enough. Ate some asphalt and guardrail about halfway down the hill.

My next version of this downhill racer will include steerable front wheels and a fixed rear wheel, All rolling on 700c wheels. Im hoping I can get it together one of these days.

Ratfink1962 said:
Heres mine...
gravity2.jpg

This was my first version, the front two wheels were fixed, steering via the rear wheel... didnt have time to test it, and found out real quick my backyard engineering wasnt good enough. Ate some asphalt and guardrail about halfway down the hill.

My next version of this downhill racer will include steerable front wheels and a fixed rear wheel, All rolling on 700c wheels. Im hoping I can get it together one of these days.
GNAR GANR! yo got eat asphat and gaurdrails to respected them! what did the body look like?

I raced a gravity bike in the mid/late '80s (a VDC Gorilla frame, flipped upside-down with 20" wheels/forks). I've been considering building another - even going as far as storing an X-long BMX frame just in case...

Back