Grand Champion frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn't win an award, but I did score an interesting Grand Champion frame. I've been poking around in the five old store buildings my dad owned and filled full of junk over his 90 years before he died. He used to hit a big flea market called the Gypsy Caravan in St. Louis every year. He waited until eh last day and would pick up old bikes for just a few dollars. He also worked on bikes when he was a young man, that would have been in the 30s. There is so much stuff it's hard to find anything, but I did drag this old frame out of the pile, thought I would post up on this because I don't see many of these online. All I got was the frame and the crank/pedals. Would love to see some photos of what the rest of this looks like. It has a nice knight on the head badge and Made in England in a couple of places. Love the lugs! One question, what are those little hooks on the down tube for? You can see one in the last picture. Here's some pics, it's sort of a burgandy color where there is paint.

aa117c93.jpg

7a10a413.jpg

c8ad395f.jpg

ef31bf6b.jpg

a72754ce.jpg

7894d4d8.jpg

31907b91.jpg

Back