got scammed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I have a tool that will straighten that out too, Shipping back and forth will kill you though

well this isnt the best way to do it but do you have a 3 ton floor jack for a car?
if so slide the handle from it over the steer tube up to where its bent and then lay it on the ground and slowly stand on it(make sure you check how far it going alot so you dont just bend it way to far the other way) until you get it back where it needs to be :wink:

if someone brought that to me i would say your almost out of luck other than to bend it back like sensor said. and steve a shop that will touch that must have a good insurance policy i was told by our higher ups that deal with these things i cant touch forks bent like that.

find a steel rod/pipe that fits in the fork tube (snug fitting) heat up the fork till its cherry, and bash the rod into the fork.
should straighten right up.

just be sure to remove the rod before the fork cools, or ya might have trouble getting it out.

I hate ebay clowns that don't give you a complete description of what's wrong with a part, while the whole time giving you too much information about what's good about it. I'd fix the thing and make it work...all of it...just to spite the seller. :x
Gary

Back