Got my wife on a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my wife was never into riding bikes really, I on the other hand have been either bmxing or pedaling since I was a kid. She's been very reluctant to get on one since she can't ride well, but yesterday got her on the 57 Schwinn I got her. To my suprise she loved it and is excited about us going riding together.
292818_10150304357878355_644788354_8223716_844451151_n.jpg

I'm proud of her :D

That's awesome... make sure you "ease" her into it. She takes a spill or gets wore out from a huge ride and she'll be hating it.

Not my "wife", but my girlfriend is awesome about riding with me. Cruiser rides or mountain bike rides... she's down. Makes it SO much better. Especially with us... we live an hour apart and see each other on the weekends only, so if I ride without her that cuts into the quality time!

15 miles on the cruiser's on Labor Day
bikes.jpg

I'm excited she wants to ride now, I myself am out of shape as far as long rides go. In the picture I was pushing stroller we were walking/riding to pickup our girls from daycare. I think the best conversation we have is when we are walking together so look forward to riding together.

Very cool. My wife is only 5'1" and has always been intimidated with full size bikes. A few years back, I came across a couple of Dahon Classic folding bikes at a yard sale and I have been back into biking since then. I completely disassembled her Dahon and fixed it up. She loves her little bike now.

beforeafter.jpg

That folding bike is pretty! One thing is she likes girls bikes better than boys, so getting her sweet bikes will cost less :D

Probably me... these are the only Electra's I saw at all except a couple Townies. It was my first Mayor's ride. We had a really good time.

You live in Louisville?

yeah, lived here all my life. i usually avoid crowds and gatherings (i'm kinda a hermit), and almost every labor day and memorial day i'm at a thrift store sale, so it was my first mayors ride also.

i know i saw at least one eightball, and three older women on matching townies that were the brightest orange i've ever seen.

WHEN I FINISHED MY FIRST BUILD MY WIFE JUMPED ON IT AND RODE IT AROUND THE APARTMENT!! :lol: NOW SHE WANTS ME TO BUILD HER ONE TOO. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!! :mrgreen:

Philphine said:
yeah, lived here all my life. i usually avoid crowds and gatherings (i'm kinda a hermit), and almost every labor day and memorial day i'm at a thrift store sale, so it was my first mayors ride also.
i know i saw at least one eightball, and three older women on matching townies that were the brightest orange i've ever seen.

Yeah... I know the feeling. My girlfriend is from Paintsville and lives in Lexington and always wants to go to Thunder Over Louisville and I fight that as hard as I can... and I never go to the fair anymore. For some reason a crowd of bike people didn't bother me.

We went for couple of miles this weekend and she was sore the next day :lol: So going to have to ease her into anything to far. I think we are going to bike to church next week if she feels like it its about a 3 mile trip one way so not bad we will see. She loved it though, and is excited to ride again.

Back