Got my old job back!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From 2000 to 2005 I worked at Brooklin Boatyard (yes, with an i). When things were going really well I went out on my own to make more money. Except I'm a lousy boss so I didn't work much. Much crazy life stuff happened and there wasn't much call for boat carpenters so I sobered up and got a job at a grocery store. I've been a meat cutter there for about three out of my four and a half years there. It's OK but I miss working with my hands on the fine stuff. Anyhow, I got my old job back, HOORAY!!!

Check out some of the boats built there. http://www.brooklinboatyard.com/boats.html

This is a picture of the pilot house on an 85 foot 1935 Trumpy Built motor yacht, I rebuilt that. Bad pic off the web, sorry.

Enticerpilothouse_zps070fc991.jpg

I did a lot of work on the stern of this boat, Aphrodite. It is double planked, either cedar or fir, can't remember. Over big double frames of angelique.

aphroditestern_zpsd0a7c177.jpg

I'm awfully stoked.

Congratulations,Sounds very cool 8) :mrgreen:

wow, that's neat that you worked on Aphrodite. That's my all time favorite boat. Love seeing it when me and the Mrs. go to Watch Hill. Although the last trip we made there in August, there was another beautiful cruiser in it's slip.

Latest posts

Back