got it for how much?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i have read all about how you guys are finding all of this stuff for really good deals, but i can finally be in there with you. the story:
i wa cruising through the daily craigslist to see if there was anything good to check out. i found a bike and emailed the guy (cant remember the bike, but who cares). he told me that he sold the bike, but he had parts that he wanted to get out of his dads barn. i was vaguely interested, i wasn't to sure what it was gonna be, but i said YES. we talked on the phone and he told me that he had a few boxes of stuff and the only bad part was i had to drive there to get it (about a 100 mile trip). i was free last weekend and went.
well to make this short, my van was filled with all sorts of parts, i think that we packed about 10 boxes of parts, about 20 forks, 25 chain guards, 10 wheels (some with tires and one red line), hubs, sturmey archer 3 speed hubs (too many for me to count), and so many kick stands i can open up my own "kick stands r us" store.
Now the good part, guess what the price was......$0.00!!! i guess all the prayers that i asked for were answered (except the one with a fresh elgin twin bar, but that will be later).
i cant believe it. so keep your eyes open, i will be selling some of these parts in the future here, cuz us rat rodders need to back one another.
so here r some pics of the find. it is hard to see all of it, but trust me there are lots of stuff!
KRSPLSH

KRSPLSH

sorry, forgot to add the pics
here they are
2008242.jpg

2008244.jpg

2008241.jpg

the best part is, i think that i might have persuaded someone into rat rod building, we will see.

Sounds like you struck gold, congrats. The only free stuff I get is during monthly bulk trash collection, and it's an all-you-can-carry pixie bike feast :D

If memory serves, the white and black pedals in the box (second picture) are for a Diamond Back Formula One parking lot racer.

That's what you call FUN. :D :D I had a similar thing last Spring, just loaded my Volvo wagon to the gills with a ton of junk and spent the next few weekends sorting it out. It was about 90% garbage, but the gems were worth it! I finished and gave out about a half-dozen bikes from it and got some stuff I needed to boot.

dont know about 24" rim, but got LOTS of hubs. if i can remember there are about 10 sturmey 3 speeds, and numerous other back hubs. i only got about 25 front hubs (Ha.....only 25). i will check out and see if i got any 24" rims.
i have got to go thru all of it to see what a haul i really did get. so be ready for "Jimbo-Mart" (thnx JoeyMac..i might just use that as my store name)to b open soon.
as for the black and white pedals. i am not sure what they are. i thought they were the stationary bike pedals. i will have to look into that.

25 Hubs? Let me know if you come across a Sturmey Archer S5 five speed hub. I could use a replacement for black Raleigh Rodeo bike.

HutchXL24 said:
If memory serves, the white and black pedals in the box (second picture) are for a Diamond Back Formula One parking lot racer.
I've seen them on some cheap huffy bio-something. I really like them though.

Is there any cycle truck parts in there Where in florida are you l.m.k. t/y Tony p.s. us bike people in fl. need to get together and help one another 8) :D

You didnt find it in the Valdosta area did ya? LOL! Good score!

ok. i went thru many of the parts thei past weekend (i wil post pics of the stuff once i get the camera from my boss.....er my wife). the skinny is this:
the hubs: i have a couple of shimano 3 speed internal shift hubs, many single speed hubs (shimano and i think a sturmey), i also found a 28 1/2 " wheel with the red line tire on it (this thing is really unique) and i cant remember the hub.
fenders: i have nothing great except the "pinched" fenders that have been talked about last week from a middle weight schwinn, but they were chrome and not painted (these are NOT for sale, i am making a bike to fit them)
chain guards: i have so many that you will have to wit til pics are up to see them, i will be selling a bunch of them
kick stands: i have WAY to many, i will be selling most of them. you will have to wait til i can get 4 hours to comb thru all of them before i can tell you exactly what i have.
misc parts: chrome fork caps, nuts, bolts, shifter parts (mostly external shift stuff) and other parts taht i have no idea what the heck they are for.
stay tuned for parts pics and "jimbo-mart" to be opened at the nearest computer near you!!

Back