Got an old Western Flyer....The sex change was a success

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC01972.jpg

Sanded down the frame
DSC01974.jpg

I left the fenders, chain guard and handle bars all ratty
DSC01976.jpg

Oh yah I bead blasted the heavy duty rims and rattle caned them semi gloss black
DSC01980.jpg

I always wanted to built a solid black bike with all white tires....YES

I heard a good story. A guy was in the Air Force, a mechanic, stationed at a large Air Base. He had no vehicle and had to walk from building to building, sometimes a long distance. The Air Force bought him a bicycle...a girls bike. When they gave it to him, he refused to ride it because it was a girls bike. They then ordered him to ride it. He went and got a roll of tape and made a tape top bar so it looked like a boys bike.

Nice job on the Flyer. Remember...those top bars are made of pure testosterone! 8) B607

Thanks you guys...I have old girls huffy I need to do a sex change to next...Who has one....I need some measurements...

Thanks...and I made a plate for the space inside the top bars...now I have to try and match the look of the beat up rusty parts....then a new seat pan

Thanks man...Hey I really like your bikes too...Nice website...I love the one you're building in the Bike builds section...Where are you based...

No one noticed the awesome slammed VW bus in the background?! That thing looks amazing, got anymore photos of it? I also love the conversion you did, thats slick

If I may make a suggestion, I think the bicycle would look incredible painted completely semi gloss black.

Though it looks awesome as is!

Nicely done, simple build.

Awesome bike man, i love the look of black and rust 8) Even cooler v-dubb buss in th bacck..

cman said:
Nice job. Finally something about Sex changes that I can understand.

lmfaoooooooo!

Back