Goedendag from Holland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goedendag (good day) to all of you.

My name is Dave and I live in the Netherlands, land of the bicycles (well China got more off them). I've been lurking here a few days now and thought it would be time to introduce myself. I'm a teenager of 35 and have to much hobbies: i.e. parkour, capoeira, making music (and instruments) , longboarding and making all kind of things, especially from cheap stuff and garbage. I'm a teacher in art with two kids, one extra hobby more won't be a problem :p.
So rebuilding my old Hema (some kind of Wallmart here) beach cruiser to a cool ratrodbike took me to this place. I'm impressed by all the nice stuff to find here.
I read there's is a new contest so I might join in there.
If you've got any questions for me don't hesitate to ask. (don't know if i've got the time to answer, must be off building my bike)

hello dough boy im 38teen im in califonia but guess what my father was born in alfin on da rien so that makes me alittle bit Dutch yaaa? welcme to the fun house daach !! for now send me a pm anytime

Thanks all for the welcome. This forum is so active, I almost can't keep up with all the new topics and replies! But I will try to react so now and then.

@BHV BIKES: That would make you half a Dutchman would't it? :p.
Alphen aan de Rijn (nice way to write it phonetic the way you did :) )is about 70 km's from where I live. I ones had an exhibition there.

@herr_rudolf (what a German nick for a dutch guy). It's goin' steady with the bike but not with such a speed as yours, witch is becoming a nice fix by the way. I'll be posting some pics later on. Still figuring out how to change the fork. Got one of a mountainbike with suspension but that needs a lot of adaption.

thanks.
My nick sounds very German indeed, but 'Rudolf' really is my true 'doopnaam'. My real last name sounds very German... because it is... I'm an indo, which means a lot of mixed euro and Indonesian blood: I, for instance have ancestors from Holland, France, Italy, China (not so much euro but ala), and ofcourse Germany.

I think the HEMA cruisers (blue ones) were the first cruisertype bikes besides Schwinns I saw in Holland.

Do you have a URL where we can see some of your art?

Back