Girls Ross Bike from the 50's?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon

I am new to this and wanted to see if anybody can help me out. I started out with small items at auctions and got hooked on buying some bikes but I don't always know what I am buying. Can anybody help me out? I can post more pics if needed. The rocket light thing is on the front fender it is not missing.Thanks

P7271410.jpg

P7271407.jpg

That is a nice bike, very decent score.

Sorry I don't know anything about Ross bicycles, Messenger seats are found on about any bicycle but it looks 1960's.

flip it upside down, on the bottom bracket there will be numbers, after the letter r, the first number after the r will be the year, an example would be r6 that would be 1966 because yours is a 60's bike i can tell that by the tank reflectors and the badge. let me know what they are! :D

I could not find anything with an r. I found 11738 on the bottom of the pedal assy. Can you be more precise on where I should be looking? Thanks any idea what it would be worth?

It's '60s, I turned one of these (built by Ross and badged as a Norwood, store brand) into my "Ground Zero" RRB project bike last year. Same tank and reflectors. The reflectors screw in to secure the tank halves.

I can't get closer than that but if you get the exact model of the rear hub it might help. If it's a Bendix Red Band or RB2, that will narrow it down.

If those tires are original, they may have date code letters or pie-chart stamps, that would give us a chance at a date.

Mine had the same "snowflake" sprocket as well. I didn't find any conclusive dates on any of the components, on mine.

The "Jet Age" styling nails it down to 59-66 but being exact with some of these brands is difficult.

--Rob

That is a ton of info, I never even knew this kind of website existed. Thanks for all of the help I have been working on cleaning the dust and crud off of it, it was registered with the Indianapolis Police Dept as some point and time as I find the sticker on the bike. Would I be better off sending this through an auction or posting on a site like Craigslist? What would be a good starting point on the price? Thanks again I also came upon an 8ft long purple Dyno Cruiser and big Chrome Stileto I will post pics as I clean them up. Thanks again for the help.

Back