Gigante road bike, good will find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into goodwill, 3 minutes later I was at the register with this. Gigante overall good shape, I saw 12.99$ and just grabbed it , like instinct :D I was thinking I would clean it up and flip it then i got lazy , posted it on craigs for 65$ and it sold for 65$. From buying it to selling it was about 5 hours and I really did nothing to it.i think living next to a college town if i cleaned it up I maybe could have got 100$ but I am lazy and I only like to "restore" what I keep

Anyways hopefully it was not worth alot , looking at it the bike did not look really outstanding i was unimpressed and would probably take a varsity over it.

I love goodwill lately i got mountain bike for 12.99$ and sold it for 60$ last week ater pulling a generator light and rack off it.

005-10.jpg

Yeah I love those times you get paid to cannibalize parts off of a bike, I normally only clean it up if it's a Schwinn or similar. Then I hoard them for months before I sell them. I got three now that I need to get on the ball and sell. I been lazy lately.

I love the generator I got off it, it may find a home on my schwinn.I get really lazy with bike restores unless I keep it , then an 8 hour day busting ... on it is nothing but If I flip a bike I usually leave it as is if i know the difference in cleaning it up is only about 20$.

You could have got close to 150 for it..?.. :wink:

Eh if i rebuilt everything , and found the right buyer and everything I think 100-140$ tops would have been possible but I am into the quick flip and spending as little time as possible for the next bike.

Bikes are just a hobby my real flipping is bass guitars , made abut 2,000$ flipping those the last 3 months.

LCW said:
Eh if i rebuilt everything , and found the right buyer and everything I think 100-140$ tops would have been possible but I am into the quick flip and spending as little time as possible for the next bike.

Bikes are just a hobby my real flipping is bass guitars , made abut 2,000$ flipping those the last 3 months.[/quot

Looks like a small frame anyway..there is a good market for them.. :wink:

LCW said:
Yeah it was a 20 inch frame, sold it to some older lady
Thats cool everybody was Happy then..Thats what it all about..I meet a lot of nice people selling bikes ..its a good feeling making money and creating a friend..usually they have a friend looking for a bike as well..so its you gain another sale :lol:

Back