Ghost Bikes....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All...
When we where down in London we saw a Ghost Bike wrapped up to the railings..... didn't know what it was at the time till we got home :( and googled it... Seems the idea come from America... I kinda think its cool, I don't like roadside flower memorials [I do not want to upset anyone here mind!] but I think these 'Ghost bikes' are not just a memorial but also a reminder of how fragile life is and'hey' lets take care everyone... I think they are great but hope I never see another....
Boris.

There was an article a while back in the Oregonian newspaper about a Portland bike theif who stole a ghost bike but he didn't know what it mean't at the time but when he learned what it was he returned it to the owners. :(

cman said:
http://www.ghostbikes.org/ A little history and maps of some that have been posted.
Cheers for that Clancy, Loads of info and history on them there, must be awful to have to put one up for a friend, but i think there is something very special about them as well.

Latest posts

Back