Ghent Cruiser Bordie #1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really into the board tracker thing and I wanted to post a couple pics of a bike. I recently finished.
More Images - http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciendesign/sets/72157618827498687/

3576197472_46b1f02a05.jpg

* Custom Rebel Gears 40 tooth speed sprocket
* Reverse Levers
* Vintage Peddles
* Bi-pod Kickstand
* Brooks B68 City/Touring Bicycle Saddle
* Board Tracker Seat Post
* Springer Fork Suspension
* Shimano Front Brakes
* Front and Rear 28″ Urban Tires
* Internally wired, all wiring and cables are hidden in the bike’s frame.
* NGK plugs and upgraded plug wire
* Carry-with Federal law sheet
* Welded on chain tensioner and motor mounts
* Powder coated dark blue

Pretty fun hand built project. Kinda want to do the next one red or pastel yellow for the ladies. Maybe with whitewalls.

oooh that things bomber done very tastefuly ! 8)

Looks very good! Nice job! :) In my opinion that tank and the extra work you did running cables inside the frame and welding on the chaintensioner is what made this alot more than just another bike with a motor on it. I like those brakelevers too!!

sorry guys. my forum post notifier wasn't turned on. I just saw your replies.
Here's pics of the seat post http://www.ghentcruisers.com/our-parts/drop-seat-post
3237253382_1952138c07.jpg

I got the tank from a guy in Ohio. You can occasionally find them on ebay. It's an old vintage tank by Cimatti. I'm in the process off trying to get my own design manufactured.. http://www.ghentcruisers.com/our-parts/gas-tank I'm getting quotes back now... just waiting to see if it's feasible.
Thanks for the generous comments. I'm hoping to do another one of these cruisers very soon. I'll keep posting my projects and updates for you guys. Anyone else on here into the whole "board tracker" thing?

definitely not cracked! It was a pretty rough prototype.. The new ones are much better. We're having them manufactured in NY now.

You probably were used a 1008 steel has a tensile strength of 30,000 lb/in. Try 4140 has a tensile strength of 66,000 lbs/ in. I had the same problem when we chose the wrong steel for the drop tab. If you can find a hardened steel, that helps. A gusset helps for sure, we made one 6" dropped back and needed the gusset. I would gusset anything over 3.5" drop.

Bump... this MAB is for sale. PM me. $800 obo.

* Custom Rebel Gears 40 tooth speed sprocket
* Reverse Levers
* Vintage Peddles
* Bi-pod Kickstand
* Brooks B68 City/Touring Bicycle Saddle
* Board Tracker Seat Post
* Springer fork Suspension
* Shimano Front Brakes
* Front and Rear 28″ Urban Tires
* Internally wired, all wiring and cables are hidden in the bike’s frame.
* NGK plugs and upgraded plug wire
* Welded on chain tensioner and motor mounts
* Powder coated dark blue
3576197472_46b1f02a05.jpg

Latest posts

Back