Get a hat with a chin strap - **UPDATED PICS**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That single sided fender is off the rear of a trike. It would have bolted onto the axle housing. Would work great on a side car if there was only one.

That wrap around chain guard is a trip. I've never seen anything like that.

I was at that sale a lil over a month ago and pulled out two schwinn corvettes and a few columbia muscles only had my suv with me at the time

creepn said:
I was at that sale a lil over a month ago and pulled out two schwinn corvettes and a few columbia muscles only had my suv with me at the time

He told me people had beat me to the real gold! You have some pics?

i would give him a call he had alot to go thru when i was there..i can prob get some pics up give me a few days

shawn57187 said:
Do you think these bikes are still available for picking? Would it be safe to call? I'm located in Portland.

Shawn ~ I called him last night he had about 20 bikes left but said he would be selling them for less than 5 bucks each. Head down there if you can. he had more bikes in the garage that I KNOW he hasn't sold yet.

I was there and got about 10 bikes, and a carload of wheels and a couple other things. I wish I had space for more, I could have made another truckload of muscle bikes let alone what he had in the shed. I might call this weekend and see if the shed is all cleaned out yet or not.

you lucked out a bit too, I was there on the second day of the sale (he said all the god stuff went on the first day, like the majority of the tank bikes and lots of those italian road bikes that some people think are worth $$$) and he was charging $5 per bike or $100 per truck load. My truck was full with 10 bikes in it.

streetpirate said:
I was there and got about 10 bikes, and a carload of wheels and a couple other things. I wish I had space for more, I could have made another truckload of muscle bikes let alone what he had in the shed. I might call this weekend and see if the shed is all cleaned out yet or not.

you lucked out a bit too, I was there on the second day of the sale (he said all the god stuff went on the first day, like the majority of the tank bikes and lots of those italian road bikes that some people think are worth $$$) and he was charging $5 per bike or $100 per truck load. My truck was full with 10 bikes in it and I held him to $5 each.

YeaH I played a little bit of the "What I coulda had if I had gotten there sooner!" game in my head. I am happy with what I did get. Poor guys dad passed at 57. He had collected bikes since the 70s he said and it was his dream to work on them after retirement. Rough situation.

I found my first new bike at that sale. It was a hard decision but I decided not to bring it home because it was a crap bike. '91 Huffy White Heat! maybe if it was nice and still had all the original bmx pads...
I can't even find a picture of one on the interwebs, just the multi speed 24" huffy of the same name and paint scheme

Bikecity said:
Just get U- Haul Truck and take them all. I willing to take ant chrome bmx bike that you fine. May any thing bmx. I can trade you NOS items from my bike shop that I been picking's from for the past past 2 years now .There have 26'' stuff still NOS as long with the some NOS rims and Slick Muscle Bike Tire's,NOS chrome fenders and other painted ones, a lot of NOS BANANA SEAT's,some NOS SCHWINN parts still in the org Box's ect. So PM me and lets some deals work out :wink:

The Junk man got it all. :cry:

Please tell us you got the muscle bikes that were in the pics. The F1 Eliminator, and the Ram Rod.

bmxer87 said:
Please tell us you got the muscle bikes that were in the pics. The F1 Eliminator, and the Ram Rod.

I passed on the Ram Rod. I know I shouldn't have. There were three bikes there I didn't get and that will HAUNT ME ALL MY DAYS. I swear, I'll be thinking about the fact i passed on them till I'm gone. :(

The Eliminator is what I am working on now. Problem is that the Headset and fork and seat post are pretty happy where they are and don't seem to want to come out. I am going to borrow some pipe wrenches tomorrow and see what I can dent scratch and otherwise screw up trying to get them out. I saw how the site owner put a bmx neck on a stuck seatpost and then just twisted it out so I may try that.

j_miles said:
:shock: Wow! that was a huge collection! boy did I miss that one!! :cry:
now that is spring time has anyone been back? or is it all gone?
thanks for sharing your finds, awesome pictures very kewl

I went back in Feb and the WHOLE ENTIRE YARD was cleaned out. Gone. I stood there with a tear in my eye like the old Indian from the 70s commercial
images

So you're in portland? Have we met? PM me. Portland is too small a town to not get to know fellow Ratrod folks!

still regretting not getting more/different bikes here. I was just getting into old bikes and had no idea what to look for other than tanks :cry:

anyways, some future weekend someone should set up a rrb pdx meet and greet.

you have the highest post count so I elect you fearless leader! I'm going to school in Eugene so a weekend meet and greet would be a must for me. I think the ~'59 hawthorne hercules i picked up at erics will be my build off bike, as a rat roadie path racer anti-fixie thing. Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone yet!

j_miles said:
:shock: Wow! that was a huge collection! boy did I miss that one!! :cry:
now that is spring time has anyone been back? or is it all gone?
thanks for sharing your finds, awesome pictures very kewl

Dude!!! We missed out on a mega pick! Right in our back yard.... Dang

Latest posts

Back