Gentlemen, I Present The Brass Lion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So named for the lion hood ornament I found on ebay.

I still haven't painted the rear rim and I may add a stick shift and front fenders, but I started this trike in February and it's now June so darnit I just want to ride. :) So I'm calling it done.

BrassLion05.jpg

BrassLion03.jpg

BrassLion17.jpg

BrassLion19.jpg

BrassLion20.jpg

BrassLion08.jpg

BrassLion11.jpg

BrassLion14.jpg

BrassLion15.jpg

In the near future more photos and ride videos and such will be forthcoming on my blog, including the stage coach oil lamps in operation.

VERY Steampunk
VERY Cool!!!

i normally really dislike recumbents, but i really like yours! Good job!

Holy Steampunk Batman. Very Creative 8)

Thats really cool.
Does anyone else hear the MUNSTERS theme playing, lol?

I /think/ that's a compliment. :D

Thanks guys, now I'm going to hear the Munsters theme everywhere I go!

Some guy said my welds looked like seagull ...., just like his. Ain't that the truth. :D

Wheelman Steuben said:
I /think/ that's a compliment. :D

Thanks guys, now I'm going to hear the Munsters theme everywhere I go!

Some guy said my welds looked like seagull poop, just like his. Ain't that the truth. :D
well mine was... just gave off that munsters look

Nevermind the munsters, I think this bike is taking the steampunk movement seriously. There is a guy who rides with the Denver Cruisers on Wednesday nights who converted his mountain bike to the steampunk theme with valves and other brass parts. I will try to get a picture of it this week if I dont have to work. The victorian era mechanical themed science fiction is about to be a new fad from what I see. This bike is definitely a testament to that and brings on a whole new level of creativity. Excellent build, I hope to see more bikes from Wheelman Stueben on here.

Here's some photos of the brass carriage lamps lit up at twilight. Some video as well. No ride video- it was 99 degrees fahrenheit and very humid today, and will be for a few days. I'm not that hardcore.

LitOilLamps02.jpg

LitOilLamps01.jpg

LitOilLamps04.jpg

LitOilLamps05.jpg

Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8238&hl=en

It's a little dark in the photos maybe but twilight faded fast and I took the video first. But the lamps are the subject in this case so I figured it was good enough. More pics/ vid will follow.

Steampunk styling at it's finest. You actually went a similar route I'm planning with my Schwinn Tri-wheeler, very good job on the build.

And don't feel bad about the welds, mine are worse. :p

That looks awesome...those welds scare me though...but great ideas....I would love to ride it........that seat is awesome too...

Back