Gentlemen, I Present The Brass Lion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lotsa great work, but you should be thinking of taking a welding class, and I don't mean that in a smarta** way, more for safety than anything.

The trike has been making the rounds at Steampunk Workshop, Make Zine, Boingboing.net and Gizmodo! 8)

ReallyFinishedTrike02.jpg

I like the white tires for show and that old timey feel, but I wanted some faster tires so I put 1.95 Primo Comets on the front and a 2.00 Schwalbe Big Apple on the rear:

SexyInBlack02.jpg

SexyInBlack01.jpg

wow, takes on a whole different vibe with regular tires and no lights...

is the seat an old motorcycle seat?

It occurs to me that about 2/3 of the effect of that bike is going to be the rider's outfit rather than the bike itself. Get you the right kind of Wild Wild West outfit, and it'll add considerably to the effect. Spandex will ruin it.

Yes, it is a motorcycle seat I bought on ebay for alot less than recumbent seats go for, and it's alot better looking. More comfortable than people often think too. So I'm very happy with the seat. I think it's a King Cobra style seat. Handmade in Italy.

Period appropriate clothing ya say?

AbrasiveScotsmanAgesBrassLion.jpg

Still, I can hardly ride around in that on an 85 degree day. Nonetheless you won't catch me in chamois dorkpants.

A wee bit of an update.

I received a Down Low Glow light for Christmas and just had to try it on the Brass Lion. Check it out:

BrassLionWithDownLowGlow08.jpg

BrassLionWithDownLowGlow21.jpg

BrassLionWithDownLowGlow13.jpg

BrassLionWithDownLowGlow24.jpg

Latest posts

Back